National Association for Information Destruction, Inc. (NAID)
Carolina Shred is a NAID member and pursuing requirements to become NAID AAA Certified. This certification is achieved after rigorous preparation and planning along with meeting the requirements of third party professional auditor hired by NAID.
Employee Hiring and Screening (Includes Temporary and Outsourced Employees)
- Employees sign a confidentiality agreement Drivers meet all licensing requirements of the governmental jurisdiction (State for USA companies)
- Employees produce some sort of law enforcement clearance, which is kept on file. There is also a seven-year employment history on file.
- Employees are drug-screened at the time of hiring. If there is any local law, which supersedes this requirement, copy of the law must be provided. Employees are also subject to random drug screening.
- Employee credit reports are a part of the employee file before they have reached the set probationary period of not more than 30 days. If there is any local law, which supersedes this requirement, copy of the law must be provided.
- Materials are always attended by a company employee or physically secured from unauthorized access while in the custody of the destruction contractor before they are destroyed.
- All materials are contained during removal from customer to destruction vehicle to prevent loss from wind or other atmospheric conditions.
- The firm has written policies and procedures for drivers and processing employees.
- Drivers and helpers wear a specific uniform to aid in their identity (minimum of a company shirt) and wear picture ID badges.
The Destruction Process
- All trucks will have the applicable government inspection for roadworthiness on file. (Must be Claimed for AAA certification)
- All trucks will have lockable/securable cabs and lockable/securable fully enclosed boxes.
- Paper is destroyed by equipment that reduces the prominent percentage (over 90%) of the paper to particle size that fits the following specifications with no percentage being appreciably larger than the following specifications.
- Mobile shredding is performed by a Pierce and Tear shredder. Maximum width of shredded paper is 3/4 inch wide by 2 1/2 inches long.
Insurance & Company Profile Info
- NAID required general liability insurance in effect for $2,000,000 or more.(AAA Certification Option)
- General liability (umbrella) insurance in effect for $5,000,000.
- Errors & omissions insurance in effect for $500.00.